Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Untitled-part 4 (final)

“Jeremy I need to talk to you. Come see me after school” I said trying to not make it so obvious.

“Uh.. is that your way of asking me out?” he chuckled. “Well I would love to but unfortunately I have plans.” He added. He has turned into this self centred jerk that irritates me to no end.

“Oh, puh-lease don’t flatter yourself. I’m not asking you out. I just want to talk to you about something. And would you please stop acting like I have a crush on you. You’re like totally starting to destroy my reputation.” I said and cringe at the thought of me sounding like a total teenage high school girl. He brings out the worst in me.

“Sure. Like I’m so totally sorry. I didn’t mean to destroy your perfect reputation.” He said mocking me.

After school I waited outside class for him but when he walked out of class he just walked past me. I was furious but I knew he would do that so I had a backup plan.

I hid inside a janitor’s locker and waited for him to walk by. He did walk by after a few minutes and I used all my force to pull him inside and shut the door.

“Betty! What the hell?!”

“Don’t curse!”

“I can do and say whatever I want! Now if you’ll excuse me.”

He wanted to get out but I was quick so I blocked the door.

“I know, Jeremy. I know about you.”

“OMG! What is wrong with you?!” he shouted throwing his hands up in the air.

He’s trying to make me second guess myself. But I won’t give up. Nope. Because this time I’ve got proof.

“Ok fine I’ll humour you. Why? Why do you think I’m pretending to be someone else.” he said.

I cleared my throat and start spilling out the truth.

“Well for starters you look like him, you walk like him, you even talk like him…”

“So? That doesn’t mean I’m him.”

“Let me finish. You know all this stuff about me in Notsville that I’ve never told anyone here and you call me Betty and Boyles used to call me that. You like to tell people stupid jokes and laugh like a 12 year old boy. And most importantly, and I can’t believe I didn’t thought of this before, the biggest proof that clearly states you are none other than Boyles the goofy kid from Notsville is..”

“Uh.. Could you wrap it up please, I think we’re going to run out of oxygen soon.”

“Would you stop interrupting me?! And that reminds me Boyles was afraid of tight spaces and he also has personal space issues cause if you move one step towards him he would take two steps back. And I think he still is.”

“So that’s your proof. That’s it, I’m getting out of here.” He said and pushed me to the side and opened the door.

“It’s your name. Your name is Jeremy Anderson. But your full name is Jeremy B. Anderson. And the B stands for Boyles.”

He stops walking and turns around to face me. He look puzzled and mad. I was second guessing myself. OMG did I get it wrong! Then he grinned and said “So you finally figured it out, huh?”

“I knew it! I knew I wasn’t crazy. You are Boyles!” I said excitedly.

“I saw you in the hallway and you act like you didn’t know me so I thought I would do the same. Didn’t know it would bug you so much. You went all crazy and that was funny. And I knew you had that crush on me so that made it even funnier.” he explained.

“Why does everyone keep saying that?! I do not have a crush on you!” I retorted.

“Yeah sure. I mean all my other friends know how I walk, talk and laugh. They know everything about me. That’s not just something a crush would know. You’re right. I was wrong.” He said sarcastically.

“Okay you could stop that now. Maybe I had a stupid little crush on you back in Notsville but I’m over it. FYI I have a boyfriend now.”

“Yeah I’m not the only one who changed. You’re now one of the popular girls all of a sudden with your straight hair and perfect teeth.” He said.

“Well I’m Brittany now, not Betty. And Brittany is a fun, carefree girl who actually looks decent. And btw I would really appreciate it if you could not tell the whole school about my old self. I’d like to keep that a secret.”

“I would if you keep my old self a secret. I want a fresh start here. No more Boyles.” He said.

“Okay, deal!” I said.

A few months later everything was going perfectly as planned. I broke up with my old boyfriend and got a new one that’s way hotter. He’s the captain of the basketball team. Meanwhile Boyles is now the editor of the school paper and he enjoys working with all of his editorial staff. Mostly girls. Despite being in the same school now I haven’t seen him since that day when I found out he was Boyles.

But today as I was walking in the hallway I was suddenly pulled into the janitor’s closet. And guess who pulled me in.

“Boyles?!! What’s going on?”

“The Baldwin twins. They’re here.”

“What? Who?”

“The Baldwin twins. The it girls in Notsville high school.” He said peeking through the door gap every few seconds.

“No way! Are you sure?”

“See for yourself.” He said and opened the door for me slightly so I can peek outside. There I saw them; the hottest girls in Notsville. They used to call me nasty names in high school. They’re even worse than Boyles. Even Boyles is scared of them.”

“Look I have a plan. We kidnap them and then force them to sign a contract that tells them that they have to pretend to not know us.” He said. I can’t help but laugh seeing his serious face. Now who sounds like a crazy maniac.

“Oh, you think it’s funny. You got a better plan?” he asked getting annoyed.

“Yup. One that doesn’t involve kidnapping.”

“Fake suicide?”

“No! Something that actually works” I said.

“What? tell me!!”

“I’m thinking blackmail” I said and watched as the Baldwin twin struts across the hallway with their hair bouncing with each step. They have no idea what they’re up against.

THE END

Thank you for reading.. Keep checking out my blog for more stories.. :D

Farah

1 comments:

AnisSyakirah said...

Well, it's about time, buddy! :) haha.. I've been waiting forever!!

Post a Comment