Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

Untitled-part 3

The next day he approached me while I was having lunch.

“Hey, Betty.” He said.

I tried not to scream in anger and said “ My name’s not betty. It’s Brittany.” He ignored me and took a seat next to me. “Anyway, sorry about yesterday. I just got carried away and I’m really sorry” I apologized.

“Yeah I was going to ask you about that. What is with you and this Boyles kid anyway? And does he really look like me?” he said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

“He really does look like you. The resemblance is just scary. And I just don’t want to see him again, that’s all.” I explained.

He didn’t say anything and just nodded.

“Hey, wanna hear a joke?” he said.

“Yeah. Sure.” I said. 

“What's a teacher's favorite nation?” he asked.

“I dunno. “

“Expla-nation.” he said then he started laughing.

“Here’s another one. Why didn't the skeleton go to the school dance?” he said when he finally stopped laughing. “He didn't have anybody to take. Get it? any BODY” He added.

Then he started laughing and then his voice cracked. I remembered how Boyles like to tell stupid jokes too. And then he would be the only one laughing. And then he would laugh so hard that his voice would crack and he would suddenly sound like a 13 year old boy who just reached puberty. I almost choked on my food when I heard that pubescent laugh. That can’t be logical. Only Boyles laugh like that. I excused myself and got out of the cafeteria.

I head outside and tried to clear my mind.

That guy is not Boyles.

He can’t be.

I even checked his id and it says that his name is Jeremy. And..Wait a second..

OMG!!

That’s it! I just figured it out. It was staring me right in the face. It’s so obvious. How could I have missed that?!

To be continued..

3 comments:

AnisSyakirah said...

Ok that's just evil!! What'd he miss weyh???!!

Farah said...

Sabar... Nnt aq post die punye finale.. Hahahaha aq saje je wat cliffhanger cam2..

AnisSyakirah said...

Touchè, haha.. Better be good.. :)

Post a Comment