Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

New story : Untitled

Creative. Yeah right. That title is as creative as the weirdo who puts his password as ‘secret password’. But i can’t think of a good title for it yet. Whatever. Just read it and tell me what you think.

And i just want to mention my best friend Anis Syakirah was the one who asked for me to post a story in my blog. So, Anis here you go. :D

Untitled

It’s not him.

It was just my imagination.

I keep saying it’s not him but my vision is still clear and I know what I saw just now and he looks just like him.

I’m talking about the guy I saw in the hallway. I was on my way to class minding my own business saying hi to some of my friends while I was walking. Some girls were saying “hey, Brittany!” and this guy said “Whassup turner!” and I greeted them back flashing a bright smile. Everything was normal but suddenly I heard someone amidst all that noise saying “hey Betty!” That caught my attention because no one here calls me Betty. Because my name is not Betty. My name is Brittany turner. No one calls me Betty except this one guy and some jerks back in my old high school. I was scared to turn around so I kept walking but when I finally reached my class I turned around and scanned through the crowd and I saw him. He was talking to some friends so I can’t really see his face but I know what I saw. It’s him. The guy from my old high school. I can’t remember his name but I’m sure that’s him.

I know what you’re thinking. So what if he’s the guy from my old school. That’s good news because I can get back together with a dear old friend. Not! For starters he is not my friend. Well he used to be my friend back when we were kids in elementary but not in high school. And secondly he is from my old school which is in my past. And I’ve wiped out all the memories from my past. You see I was a geeky girl back then, I had these geeky braces and odd looking curly hair, I didn’t wear any makeup and my clothes made me look even weirder.

That girl is dead and gone. My family and I moved to a new town so I had to go to a different high school and my braces finally came off. So I thought this new school is my chance to start over. I don’t want to be the old geeky Brittany. I wanted to be the cool girl for a change and that’s what I did.

I went through a total makeover. I changed my hair, I tried putting on makeup and I changed the way I dressed. I came to school with a confident attitude and a friendly smile. And it worked. I have friends now who actually like hanging out with me. I have lunch at the cool table and people say hi to me when they see me. I’m happy now and I never want to be the geeky Brittany anymore. I never want to remember the past ever. To me that girl is dead and I act like it never happened. I never told my friends here about my old school, I just tell them I’m from a nice little town called Notsville and a school called Notsville high school and that was it. I brainwashed myself into thinking that the past never happened. I even burned all my old pictures and never contacted my old friends except my good friend Nicky.

But now the presence of this mystery guy has forced me to dig up all those painful memories. And I’m not even sure that it’s him.

My daze was disturbed as the teacher entered the classroom. A guy followed behind her.

“Good morning class. It seems that we have a new guy in school today and he’s in our class. So allow me to introduce Mr. Anderson” she said and told him to face the class.

So it wasn’t my imagination.

 

TO BE CONTINUED..

 

 

Annoying gile kan.. Bile dh bace byk2 tibe-tibe ad to be continued kat bawah tu. And die punye sambungan ntah bile nk post.

You could just cut the story right there. It could be a really cute short story. But if you still wanted to know what happens next, you could check my blog every now and then. I’ll try and post part 2 of this story soon, okay.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Farah

1 comments:

Aidah said...

Hmmm...interesting. But I like it very much, Farah. Looking forward for part 2 but assignments and studies come first..jangan dilupa itu. Sorry...hehehe.

p/s that girl Brittany reminds me of Miki..somehow. Dunno why...Hahaha. And that guy, well, he's Uteh, kan,kan.

Post a Comment