Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Drama : Last minute studying

I got the idea of writing this story after studying physics for two whole hours. So, expect this story to be weird and maybe annoying. Don’t blame me, blame it on physics and that kirchoff dude.

 

Characters

Ivy  : a very positive girl who’s mission in life is to make everyone happy like her( kinda like spongebob). She is a Foundation science student.

Ty : an expert at being grumpy and seems to enjoy thinking negative. Also a foundation science student.

Ivy is at a cafe waiting for her friends to arrive. Ty happens to be there drinking coffee while reading physics textbook. Ivy excited about something could no longer wait for her friends to come so she walks over to Ty’s table and sits there. Ty realizing the presence of someone beside him puts down his textbook. Ivy flashes the brightest smile she could  and greets him with a simple “hi'”. Ty says hi back and smiles just to be polite but inside he is thinking of ways to escape from the girl famous for being extremely annoying and insanely positive.

Ivy: Hey.. Whatcha doin???

Ty: Physics. (points at book). You?

Ivy: I’m talking to you, silly. (laughs) I’m bored. My friends are always late and I always end up waiting. So you don’t mind if I sit here while I wait, do you?

Ty: Actually, I…

Ivy ignores him and picks up her bagpack from her table and carries it to Ty’s table.

Ivy: Good. Coz seriously I am bored to death.

Ty: Yeah. Sure. But…um… I  would really appreciate if you keep quiet coz I have work to do and all..

Ivy: Of course. You won’t even notice I’m here. I’ll be quiet. Quiet as a… um… I’ll be quiet.

Ty: Ok. Good.

Ivy kept quiet for a few seconds, checking her phone now and then. But then she felt bored. She sighed loudly, tapped her fingers on table, sighed again. Ty starts to feel annoyed.

Ivy was clearly bored out of her mind and she was getting restless. She had to say something, anything. She glanced at Ty’s book to see what he was doing. Ty realized that Ivy was peering over his shoulder. He closes the book and stares at Ivy angrily.

Ivy: Good. You’re done studying. Let’s talk. So physics. That reminds me. Just the other day in physics lecture, the funniest thing happened. Well it’s not that funny, kinda weird actually. I saw a cricket doing whatever it does making that sound…

Ty: krik….krik..krik..

Ivy: Yes, exactly! Only this one was real and I mean it’s so funny cause that’s exactly what I hear all the time in my head. Coz I don’t understand anything when it comes to physics.

Ty: That must be scary.

Ivy: What? No! Crickets are cute, not scary.

Ty: No. I mean what’s scary is that you don’t understand anything. There’s a test coming you know. And finals and everything.

Ivy: Oh… well I never thought of it that way before. Anyway, do you remember biology class today? That video about that cell….

Ty: We learned about immunity system right?

Ivy: Yeah, yeah. As I was saying it was so funny to see how that natural killer cell destroyed that bad cell. It kinda looked like the matrix with the whole slow motion thing and all..

Ty: I thought you were gonna talk about the tutorial homework and the lab report we were supposed to submit this Friday. But… (chuckles) that video was kinda funny.

Ivy: Yeah I totally forgot about that. And there’s a math test next week. And a chemistry quiz and the finals. Oh my God the finals!!

Ty: Calm down Ivy. The finals is in March. It’s still early.

Ivy: Yeah right. There’s like uh….. 12 weeks left!  wait no.. 10 weeks… there’s like only 10 weeks to prepare!!

Ty: Hey, relax! Let’s talk about something else. Do you think the lecturer has posted that funny bio vid yet? I would really like to watch it again. Seriously that video is awesome.

Ivy: Who cares about that video?! I gotta go home and catch up on my studies.

Ivy stands up and gathers her things.

Ty: Wait. I thought you were waiting for your friends to come.

Ivy: I don’t have time for that now. Just tell them I’m sick or something. Sorry to bother you Ty, you can study physics now.

Then Ivy walked out of the place. Ty wanted to study, he knew he should but after talking to Ivy his view has changed. He flips open his laptop and googled ‘3D animation of natural killer cell’ and consequently updated his status on facebook and twitter completely ignoring his physics textbook.

The End

So the main idea about this story is…. you should not leave your friends waiting, coz this will happen. Oh, who am i kidding. This story doesn’t have a point.  I wrote it just for fun.

Thanks for reading :D

FARAH

0 comments:

Post a Comment